Examining the commercialisation of surveillance and in particular, customer profiling and the increasing role of the private sector in security.
Working Group 3 Meeting - 9th Sept 2010, 2 – 5pm
Open University Business School, Milton Keynes.
Paper Presentation & Discussion
Working Group 3 proposed to consolidate its interests through the following activities:
- The Political Economy of Surveillance: A Research Workshop. Organizing the workshop and produce an edited collection; in cooperation with ‘The New Transparency’ Major Collaborative Research Initiative, Queens University, Kingston, Canada
- Each working group meeting to be organized in advance with a CFP for participants outside of the group as well as group members.
- Organize the group meetings as seminars and produce working papers or if tightly themed, edited books or journal special issues
- Propose panels for other WG events in LiSS
- Produce a working paper series to make our discussions available
- Check the possibility to organize a Surveillance Studies Summer Seminar EU edition